Gentle Sleep Support in Person
What You Can Expect:
- An empathic, compassionate un-judgemental approach.
- Bespoke advice tailored to your unique family situation.
- Detailed suggestions for you to work on.
- Advice that really is gentle, not just masquerading as being so.
- Evidence based information and suggestions.
What You Should Not Expect:
- Your baby or toddler to be sleeping through the night within a few days or a couple of weeks.
- Quick fixes for behavioural problems.
- ‘One size fits all’ advice that you can share with friends and family.
- Easy solutions that require little input from you.
These prices apply to the UK only, I am open to travel outside of the UK, however this will involve bespoke pricing. Please contact me for details.
2 hour visit in your own home = £999 (plus travel expenses)
Ready to book?
Click HERE to book your slot!
Gentle Sleep Training FAQs
1. Do you guarantee that the child’s sleep will improve?
Unfortunately not as there are too many variables here. This depends on how much parents stick to my advice consistently, if there are any medical or physical issues that have not been addressed, if the child is experiencing any developmental leaps, if the daily/nightly routine has changed (i.e starting nursery, introducing solids, potty training etc..) or if the child is sick or teething. Paediatric sleep is not a linear process, i.e it often regresses before getting better and is very ‘up and down’. I ask parents to focus long term – on months not days or weeks and keep this in mind when working with me.
2. Do you offer a refund if it doesn’t work?
My fee covers the time that I spend with you, it is this time that you pay for with your fee. For this reason refunds will not be given.
3. Do you also send an email after the visit summarising your advice?
No. This service is for a visit only. I ask you to take notes during our session.
4. Do you guarantee that my child won’t cry?
No. I do guarantee that they will never be left to cry alone (and not ‘in arms’). Sometimes babies and toddlers cry, if they are upset, if they are angry, if they are not used to boundaries and limits being enforced. It is important as parents to enforce boundaries, however they should be done with compassion and empathy. This means sometimes that children will cry, I do however always advise parents to be fully responsive to them, to cuddle them, talk to them, soothe them, rock them etc…and never, ever advocate a baby or child crying not ‘in arms’.
5. Are there any situations you can’t help with?
If there is an underlying medical condition my advice will be of limited use. I would advise you to seek help therefore for all medical issues before consulting with me.
6. I have two children, can I get help for them both?
Absolutely, however for individual visits this will involve an extra hour, taking the total visit to 3 hours. The fee here will be £899.
7. I have twins, can I use one visit for both?
I charge £899 for a twin visit, this will include analysing the sleep of both children individually. Some of my suggestions will apply to both children, while others will be individual. A twin visit lasts for 2.5 hours (an additional half hour over a singleton visit).
8. How long will it take to see results?
I recommend waiting at least 6-8 weeks to assess results. In the meantime it is important to follow my suggestions consistently and keep focussed on the long term, rather than concentrating on day to day, or even week to week sleep. This can unfortunately be quite disheartening as sleep often gets worse before it gets better!
In Person Support Service General Terms and Conditions:
- The fee is payable in full before your consultation period begins. Unfortunately payment plans are not available.
- Payment is via bank transfer.
- I do not give medical advice, if you are concerned about your child’s health please consult with a qualified medical professional before working with me.
- I cannot guarantee that I will improve your situation. You are paying for the time taken to analyse your situation and provide my recommendations. No refunds will be given.
In Person Support Service Cancellation Policy
Please note, that due to having to schedule support bookings several weeks in advance, cancelling a support slot usually means that I have turned down work with another family to secure your booking.
For this reason the following fees apply to all cancelled in person support services:
- More than 14 days notice: 100% refund payable
- 14-7 days notice: 25% of the fee paid (75% refund payable)
- 6-2 days notice: 50% of the fee paid (50% refund payable)
- 24 hours or less notice: 100% of the fee paid (0% refund payable).
Sarah is a member of The British Sleep Society.